Stan Koroenke confirm identity of Wenger’s replacement – Winter deal proposed

It is a well-known fact that Arsene Wenger’s managerial career is drawing to a close.

The Frenchman was appointed the head coach at Arsenal in 1996, but given he is now 68-years-old, his coaching whip could be seeing its last days.

But despite the advancement of his age, Wenger has previously stated that he will continue to control the affairs of the club as long as he retains the motivation to do so.

Speaking in September, Wenger said: “Why keep doing it? (Managing Arsenal) Because I love it. Because it’s a job where I think you can have a very positive influence: on people’s lives, on results, on the dimensions of a football club, on values – because I think first of all a club is about values, which we forget a lot today.

“I feel on a mission to carry these values through for this club because I think this club is usually respected all over the world for its values and it carries through the generations.

“I just want to do what I do as long as I think I can do it well and I have the motivation to do it. On that front, I have no doubt.

“After, the day will come quickly, maybe not, but I am completely focused and completely committed.”

But despite Wenger not yet ready to step down from his post at Arsenal, the club is already in the market for his replacement for when he finally decides to take a bow.

However, that potential replacement may come as a big surprise to all in the footballing world.

Instead of replacing Wenger with a manager that can match the Frenchman’s record, the Telegraph claim that Arsenal are looking up to a former player, Mikel Arteta, to fill his shoes.

The Spaniard wore the Arsenal shirt for five season, acted as the club skipper for his last two, and was highly regarded during his spell at the club.

Since he hanged his boot in 2016, Arteta joined Manchester City as an assistant coach, where he has been under the tutelage of Pep Guardiola.

There is no doubt that Arteta will have picked somethings from learning under one of the best managers in the World, but it will be a risk to hand over the reins of one of the biggest club in England to someone of such limited experience.

One thought on “Stan Koroenke confirm identity of Wenger’s replacement – Winter deal proposed

  • January 5, 2018 at 2:57 am

    Why Arteta When We Have Like Of Diego Simeon Of Atletico Madrid. The Atletico Madrid Manager is Even Far Far Better Than Arsene Wenger, Am Very Sure If We Can Get The Manager To Manage Arsenal Football Club,it Will Be A Great Achievement For The Club. Diego Simeon Is A Winner;he Will Give Us What We Have Been Looking For,what Arsene Wenger Can Not Produce For The Past 20yrs.