Alexis Sanchez out – Wenger sign new striker

Former Porto and Zenit striker Hulk admits he still nurtures hope of playing for Arsenal, despite earning a mouth-watering £320,000 per week at Chinese Super League club Shanghai SIPG.

The 30-year-old, known for his exceptional shooting power and strength, transfer to China last year and is the fifth highest earning player in world football.

Hulk, whose last appearance for his national side Brazil was at the 2016 Copa America, has had words flying around about a potential move to the Premier League, primarily to Chelsea, admits he still covets a spot in English football, although he has more preference for Arsenal.

“It’s always been a dream, it’s a very competitive championship and the stadiums are full in every game, no matter what the team, I always follow the league and I have always supported Arsenal,’ he told Sport TV.

‘[I’m a fan of] Wenger’s way of playing, but unfortunately he has not won trophies in recent years.’

Hulk’s contract with Shanghai still has another three years before it expires but he insisted that a move back to a major European League is still on his mind.

‘The city is very good, the club has a great culture and gives a lot of support. I have a contract for four years and have three left.

‘I am very happy, but nothing is impossible, especially in football.’

Arsenal could be out scouting for a versatile forward this summer given the doubt hanging over the future of Alexis Sanchez.

The 28-year-old, who picked up his 22nd and 23rd Premier League goal of the season in Tuesday’s victory over Sunderland, has just a year to the end of his contract at the Emirates and he has attracted the attention of many top clubs including Chelsea and Bayern Munich.

Arsene Wenger has refused to accept all claim that Sanchez is leaving, insisting the star player will stay on regardless of whether or not he pens a new contract in the summer, but the Chile international is said to have already decided on a move to Bayern Munich.

POPULAR STORIES

Add a Comment