Jan 102012

Arsenal’s newly transferred striker Thierry Henry managed to prove once again that his skills are amazing and that not only he could play again at a very high level, but he is also perhaps the most modest legendary footballer in the world.

In an interview after the match and the goal he scored Henry proved to be a very modest player despite the amazing heights he managed to reach and despite being in the club’s history already.

“I know I scored but that is not going to happen every time I play. I don’t know if my runs were intelligent or not but that’s the way I play,” he told Arsenal Player.

“I am going to try to bring what I can. Maybe another time it won’t be enough but I will always try my best.

“It happened so fast. I was watching the game from the bench and I was like, ‘when I come on, I am going to try to stretch them’. A couple of balls didn’t arrive and I said to myself, ‘I am just going to try and get behind them’.

“At the end of the day, Alex [Song] played an amazing ball for me and I had the chance to finish it. I didn’t think too much about it – I am just trying to go with the flow.”

“I didn’t know where to go, what to do [after scoring]. It was not the first time I did that – I used to do that before when I scored,” he said.

“I love the Club – I say it so many times. We are not going to redo the story – I just love the Club and that’s how it is.

“If the boss needs me for 30 seconds, a minute, if he doesn’t need me, I am going to try to be around the guys and help in the dressing room.”

Henry proved to be a great transfer from the first appearance, and if he keeps this up Wenger will probably want to  do something to keep him at the club and not send him away at the end of February.

 Leave a Reply

(required)

(required)