Time for Frimpong to step up at Arsenal?

Emmanuel Frimpong has been at Arsenal since 2001 when he was only aged 9. He played in the youth academy with his good friend and now Arsenal regular Jack Wilshere and has progressed through the Arsenal ranks swiftly. With much training and polishing under the Arsenal youth system, Frimpong is now promoted to the Arsenal first team.

There have been talks of Frimpong about to take a potential loan deal with teams such as Cardiff or Wolves. These loan deals may be essential to the development of Frimpong as the valuable experience he gets from playing time will help him in his Arsenal career in future. A player that has made full use of his loan deal would be Jack Wilshere where his time at Bolton Wanderers has given him much needed Premier League experience. Wilshere then turned the experience to his advantage and he was named in the PFA team of the year last season.

However, Frimpong has said recently the only transfer he wants would be to be in the first 11 of Arsenal. Frimpong wants a chance with the team and he wants to prove himself. However, he has to impress Arsene Wenger with a couple of things.

Firstly, he must impress Arsene during training. He is a tough tackler and he must show that he has what it takes to play for the team by showing initiative and putting in real effort in the training pitch when the lights are off.

Next, he must also improve his temper and cheekiness. What he did to Nasri in the tunnel during the league cup match was absolutely legendary and he impressed the Arsenal fans. However, he must learn when to be cool headed and not get frustrated easily. His red card showing against Liverpool certainly did not win over many supporters.

Whether Frimpong would get a chance in future would all depend on himself. Hopefully he can impress Arsene and be a great Arsenal player in years to come.

POPULAR STORIES

7 comments

  1. I would also like to see Frimpong work on his passing. In several games, he seemed uncomfortable on the ball and had several wild passes.

  2. all of a sudden arsenal fans became obsessed sending players out on loan. loan teams don’t develop players they only help keep a player match fit and if they don’t play him it can be a waste of time as some coaches will prefer longtime players.
    what a logic? instead of frimpong training with the song and arteta of this world we will have to send him to wolves, to learn what?
    rumours are frimpong and coquelin going out on loan are being spread by buy buy brigade coz they want wenger to spend 24 millions on m’vila.
    keep dreaming!

    1. well it keeps players happy too because they are playing regularly rather than getting frustrated sitting on the bench. we should loan frimpong i think as we have coquelin to back up Song, and coquelin has proven to be more ready than frimpong so far this season. with wilshere coming back it wont get easier for frimpong to play regularly. and frimpong could really mature by going out on loan.

  3. Right now the fans are crying out for Wenger to buy high class players who can fit into the first eleven right away, this only makes it more difficult for the likes of Frimpong to establish himself. He`s only young and his time will come, meanwhile he needs to play at Premier level and half a season on loan will do him no harm. If he`s not playing he will become restless and begin to lose confidence. Wenger will be keeping a close eye on him where ever he goes.

  4. Training with quality no doubt helps but I think what helps more than anything is playing competitive matches. As Sam says there’s the possibility of a manager deciding not to play them because they have no future at his club but that is why choosing where to send him would be crucial. On another point how does a tough tackler demonstrate his talents in training without injuring his own players ? They shouldn’t be making heavy contact in training.

  5. I just hope we can keep frimmy coquelin and song all.happy . for me matcike man city away are ons where 2 of the 3 should be playing and the 3rd is on the bench. for me given the opportunities frimpong and coquelin could become an integral part of a 9 man rotational midfield pack fighting for 3 places in the team. the 9 this season are song frimpong coquelin arteta ramsey wilshire rosicky benayoun diaby. for me is the.latter 3 that could move on in the summer the returning lansbury could take one of those positions and gotze another with the final spot contested by either ozyakup aneke or another signing.

Add a Comment