May 122012

The Swansea keeper Michel Vorm has made it abundantly clear that he has no interest in moving to Arsenal to be Wociech Szczesny’s backup keeper, and he is more than happy to carry on playing for Brendan Rodgers exciting new team.

“I like it here very, very much,” Vorm said. “I know I am Number One here and we play the best football in the league. I train with the best manager in the league so it would be hard for me to leave the club.

“There is no point me being a No. 2. I’m 29 in October and my best years are just starting. After 37 games in the Premier League I feel I have proved my worth so why should I go and sit on the bench somewhere?

“That’s not for me. Maybe last season it would have been different but things are different now. If I am going to go somewhere I have to be Number One!”

We all know that Manuel Almunia is leaving this summer, and Lukas Fabianski is likely to seek first team action as well, so Vorm would have been an excellent addition to the squad and could even possibly be good enough to take Szczesny’s place as first-choice?

  1. Vorm coming to Arsenal never made any sense. The swans are staying up and he is playing every match. Why rot on the bench like Fabianski when you can play in the prem?

  2. i think wenger should first dwell on the other players n a keeper later bcoz other teams waits for him to mention n they buy

  3. This is a testimony to how good Scezy is. Other goal-keepers know they won’t get a chabce to play unless he’s injured which could be never.

  4. Gorky could be afraid of Wojiech’s form. it will be difficult for him to get the first keeper’s slot.

 Leave a Reply

(required)

(required)