`
Walcott drops biggest hint yet he (and Van Persie) will stay at Arsenal next season – Arsenal Banter

Walcott drops biggest hint yet he (and Van Persie) will stay at Arsenal next season

Theo Walcott, along with Robin Van Persie, is approaching the final year of his contract, but today he has given his biggest indication that he will be signing his contract extension when he he admitted that he is hoping to be playing alongside Robin Van Persie in a striking role next season, which must obviously imply he expects Robing to re-sign as well.

Walcott has always played out on the wing for Arsenal, but he still dreams about returning to his natural position as a striker, but first of all Arsene Wenger wants him to be more confident and attack the opposing defenders. “I would like to be more aggressive in matches and the manager has said that to me,” Walcott said.

“Not by kicking people but by running at players. That’s the main improvement I need to make. When I play my best football, I am aggressive and not afraid of getting hurt. I am not afraid to put a foot in and that’s what he wants.

“I set myself a target and always say three successful crosses and a couple of shots in a game and that’s good. If you get a corner, it’s an end product for the team, the same with free-kicks, anything like that. You don’t want to be scared of your full-back, you want him to be on his back foot wondering what he is going to do next and when I’m playing well, that’s what happens.”

“You don’t want to change the formation at this stage of the season when you are fighting for third,”

“People forget I am a striker and I’m learning the right-wing trade more and more. I want to play up front but I am not the sort of player to play up there on my own. I need a big man with me. That’s not the way we play at Arsenal so we’ll see.

“I am not the sort of player who likes to tell the manager I want to play up front and argue why it isn’t happening. You can’t change the system now but hopefully it’ll happen next year.

“I love scoring goals. That’s what I want to do. To play with Robin up front would be a dream. We link well together and I think we could form a great partnership.”

That certainly sounds promising ahead of the end-of-season contract talks, as Walcott has played his way into the hearts of Arsenal supporters after an indifferent start to the season.

7 thoughts on “Walcott drops biggest hint yet he (and Van Persie) will stay at Arsenal next season

  • April 11, 2012 at 2:19 pm

    Well let’s hope but now he needs to lower his reported wage demands as he is simply not worth 100k per week.

    Players should focus on being the best player possible as that will then naturally guarantee them the maximum amount of wages.

    • April 11, 2012 at 3:39 pm

      the 100k a week walcott is apparent asking for is
      just the media doing there job.

      we are getting in the summer

      and the media will creat some drama like awways
      walcot will get linked to barcelona, chealse all clubs.

      same with v perise they goinbg to leave
      blah blah.

      the media has already starting with the gossip.

  • April 11, 2012 at 2:52 pm

    Hay guys just wanted to share a bit of inside info I got…. Aaron Ramsey and van Persie nearly came to blows after the man city game on Sunday so I have a feeling we may see Rambo out the door in the summer either a
    Loan move or sale

    • April 11, 2012 at 4:13 pm

      Loool sure buddy. I just texted vp and he said everything is fine

    • April 11, 2012 at 4:48 pm

      He should have made that pass to RvP, lol
      Really think Ramsey did a great job, but very poor lately.

  • April 11, 2012 at 5:57 pm

    Ramsey is a joke! Really. You are talking about a national team CAPTAIN, and playing for a world-class 1st team Arsenal FC. Yet he performed lika schoolboy….Not for the first time, mind you.

  • April 11, 2012 at 6:00 pm

    They wl both play & win trophies with arsenal next season, with d inclusion of prince poldi and d others arsenal wil be so vulnerable nd invinsible next season . gooner in heaven.& on earth.