Walcott – I’ve never played this consistently before

The Arsenal winger Theo Walcott was regularly critized by Arsenal fans for his inconsistency in the first half of the season, but after being booed by the home crowd against Tottenham he came back in the second half with a brilliant performance topped off by two goals.

He believes that that game had a profound affect on both him and the rest of the Arsenal team. “Football is a funny game, it is always up or down,” Walcott said. “We are only one point behind Tottenham and nobody would have thought that a couple of months ago. It just shows how strong we are not only as a team but as collective individuals as well.

“I hope the derby will be a season-defining moment.”

“Only time will tell and we don’t want to get ahead of ourselves because we have a lot of tough games and so do Tottenham. But we don’t need to concentrate on them, we need to concentrate on ourselves.”

“We try and play well in every game but if it’s not happening you just have to try and forget about it. In the Tottenham game I did that and since then I’ve just been expressing myself.

“I’m enjoying playing football at the moment, I’m still only 22 – 23 on Friday – so there is still a lot to come from me I’m sure. But I feel great, I’ve never played so much in my life on a consistent level for 90 minutes.

“It obviously helps when the team is winning as well, that is important. The confidence just flows through the whole team. We have a lot of players coming back to fitness as well so there is more competition and you want to be on your toes. We’re looking in good shape at the moment.”

Arsenal have every chance to take an advantage over their rivals if they win their next three games, and if their confidence carries on being so high then they should get past Everton next Wednesday.

It’s definitely looking good for Arsenal (and Walcott!) at the moment!

POPULAR STORIES

5 comments

  1. Wenger, Tie him for a 5 year contract..

    It is kinda scary whn you think he is only 23 and most players get to their prime around 26 – 28..

  2. Guys you have to look at Theo the same way you would your WIFE!!!!!! Sum times she can really piss you off because she gets the simplest things wrong and you just think how the Fck did u mess that up??? And you think that’s it!!!! I’m trading you in for a new model luv sorry it’s over lol!!!!! But when u look back at the last few years it hasn’t been all that bad and the pro’s defo outway all the cons, sometimes you don’t realises a good thing when you have it and when Theo is on form there’s not many players that can match his abilities and most of all he is 1 of the players that loves arsenal just like ur misses always loves you lol Theo is always the last 1 down the tunnel after the match bcos he’s out there applauding US!!! So in closing I would just like to say THEO THEO THEO THEO!!!!!! QUALITY MY SON

  3. Theo is a gifted player with lighting speed which u cnt find anywhere in the world.messi,arshavin and CO. are good at running with the ball at their feet,which i believe TH14 was gud at,bt he wasn’t as fast as walcott.

Add a Comment