Wenger – ‘An Extension Has Been Agreed, He is Staying’ – Arsenal Banter

Wenger – ‘An Extension Has Been Agreed, He is Staying’

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has once again insisted that Manchester City target Alexis Sanchez is not leaving the Emirates this summer.

The Gunners manager was again questioned about the Chile star’s future during a members day at the Emirates Stadium.

Sanchez,28, who is in the final year of his deal at the club, has hinted he wants a move and is said to be hoping for a reunion with his former boss Pep Guardiola at the Etihad.

However, the North Londoners have been adamant they will not sell, particularly not to one of their main rivals.

And today Arsene Wenger reiterated their stance and insisted Sanchez was in a good frame of mind, ahead of the Community Shield against Chelsea at Wembley on Sunday.He said: “He is focused. My decision is clear, he will stay. He will accept that.

“The frame of mind of a footballer is quite easy – once you go out into the game, you focus on that.

“(He is) good, you can see it in training.

“He needs to work on his fitness but he is sharp and looks like he has never been away.

“I think he will be here for this season. If we manage to do it for more seasons we will.”