`
Wenger applauds Arsenal after West Ham win – Arsenal Banter

Wenger applauds Arsenal after West Ham win

Arsene Wenger was at a loss and could not express his joy over Arsenal’s defeat of West Ham and how the win has helped his squad regain some of their lost confidence.

Arsenal’s morale was boosted when they did not lose to Manchester City in the weekend. The game proved that if they try harder, they could regain their status as one of the best Premier League club. The performance was an upgrade from what they’ve been putting up in recent past and has, without a doubt, helped reduce the feeling of disaster within the squad.

“I don’t know how much but very much,” Wenger said about the confidence boost from the 3-0 win. “We come out of a difficult period. The confidence goes quickly and comes back slowly.

“It’s a game where we needed to build our result slowly and with patience. In the first half we defended very well and we had problems to finds a solution. In the second half much more convincing and we created many chances and won the game with a convincing performance.

“Yes, it’s a derby against a good side and they always traditionally do well here and that was a bit maybe in the heads of the players.

“They [Alexis and Ozil] are two important players but I think everybody did well. If you look individually at the performances tonight you cannot say anyone had a bad performance.”