`
Wenger – Arsenal dominated City and deserved the points – Arsenal Banter

Wenger – Arsenal dominated City and deserved the points

The Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger was delighted after winning the extremely hard derby game against Manchester City. After the Citizens took away quite a few Arsenal stars in the last few years and also defeated the Gunners undeservedly in the home leg, Wenger the players acted like it was their sole purpose to take their revenge.

“It was a very well-taken goal. I think it gave us three points that we deserved because we dominated the game.

“They had one or two good periods but overall, after 10 minutes in the second half, it was all us.

“I always felt the goal would come. We kept going and at home recently we have produced some outstanding performances.

“We have taken 24 points out of 27 so we have improved as a team, that is for sure. If we had not lost our games in January, we could be there challenging.”

Arteta’s goal came in a timely manner because it seemed that City had the same amount of good luck as they did in the home leg. Arsenal missed a bunch of chances before the goal came, but there were a lot of positives in the match as the Gunners kept the pressure on a side like City all match long.

The only big negative was (again) Ramsey’s performance, when he had a big chance to prove his doubters wrong but fluffed his lines. Even a simple pass to his (annoyed) captain would have done, but his solo effort was abysmal. We can only hope that he regains his confidence before next season, but for the moment he should be restricted to cameo performances.

Arsenal v Man City Highlights***

8 thoughts on “Wenger – Arsenal dominated City and deserved the points

  • April 9, 2012 at 4:48 am

    Arteta!Arteta! Very brave and wise in football. Thanks Arteta 4ur important goal u will be legend at Arsenal.Let me say sorry to the juniors (man city ,tottenham,chelsea and newcastle united).Oh What A Beutiful game.COMMON GUNNERS WE WILL WIN TROPHIES NEXT SEASON GOD WILLING.

  • April 9, 2012 at 5:12 am

    Good thing Ramsey didn’t score or someone else would die

  • April 9, 2012 at 6:49 am

    @Abdirahman, Yes, you are right, we will win trophies because it said on the gossip column that Mertesacker has kicked his last ball in an ARSENAL SHIRT, and so have Fabianski,Chamakh, Arshavin,Squillaci,Park Chu Young,Gervinho,Almunia,Benayoun, Mannone, Denilson and Vela. Bendtner has said that he wants to return to ARSENAL and i’m fine with that because at least he can score unlike Chamakh but Bendtner should be in the reserves. There is still a chance that we could finish second but ARSENAL and all of us are all confident that we are GOING TO FINISH THIRD. Please comment on what you think of my comment.

  • April 9, 2012 at 7:02 am

    @jack: why did you sound so happy that it’s been rumoured that mertesacker has played his last match for arsenal? Seems you know nothing about football. What has the german done bad since his arrival? He was out of the milan game and we got beaten 4 nil. He may not have the pace but he sure reads the game better than even Wenger and his good positioning is second to none in our team. Since you’re happy about the rumour, it means you prefer djourou to the big german, and this clearly show what kind of a person you are. A damn failure.

    • April 9, 2012 at 7:18 am

      @’m not saying Mertesacker pants but i’ll be happier if Mertesacker leaves because who will do arsenal insider. Mertesacker is a good player but he gets injured alot.

    • April 9, 2012 at 7:03 pm

      @vickie…… Don’t be so harsh on him he’s obv a young1… I can see your point mert is a good player but for me he’s way too slow for the PREM and seems to have the turning ability of a wheely bin, however I thinks a good player to have on the bench just not first team….