Wenger – Arsenal win a trophy every year! – Arsenal Banter

Wenger – Arsenal win a trophy every year!

It seems that Arsenal fans have been suffering from illusions when they keep reading that the Gunners have not won a trophy for the last seven years, because according to Mr. Wenger we have won one every single year that he has been in charge!

We may have come to believe that holding up a big shiny Cup and a victory parade is proof that you have won something, but obviously Wenger and the board have other ideas. Wenger said yesterday: “For me, there are five trophies,”

“The first is to win the Premier League, the second is to win the Champions League, the third is to qualify for the Champions League, the fourth is to win the FA Cup and the fifth is to win the League Cup.

“If you want to attract the best players, they do not ask: ‘Did you win the League Cup?’, They ask: ‘Do you play in the Champions League?’”

You see we should be celebrating our success really rather than moaning about the lack of silverware. Ivan Gazidis also thinks that Arsenal have been a brilliant success. “The only way you can really judge over time is by looking at a club’s record and its league performance against its spending,” he said. “We have outperformed that spend every year for 15 years.”

Again the fans are looking at it wrong, success is NOT measured by winning things on the pitch. In the world of the Arsenal Board success is measured by finishing in fourth place without spending any money. To me, thats like playing the lotto and thinking you have got a jackpot with just four numbers!

Arsenal fans can be so stupid sometimes…….

12 Comments

Add a Comment