`
Wenger – ” Arsenal Would Take Europa League Seriously “ – Arsenal Banter

Wenger – ” Arsenal Would Take Europa League Seriously “

Arsene Wenger insists his Arsenal side would take the Europa League seriously if they drop out of the Champions League next season.

In the past, the Europa League has been treated with disdain by a number of English clubs but Wenger would follow in the footsteps of clubs on the continent.

Arsenal v AFC Bournemouth - Premier League

‘We would take the competition seriously – but we are not out (of the Champions League) yet,’ he said.

‘I believe that this problem is exaggerated a little bit in England because we play Wednesday and Saturday, so it is the same as Thursday and Sunday. I can’t see the difference.

arsenal-v-bournemouth

‘There are plenty of examples in Portugal and Spain where teams have taken it seriously and won the championship. Benfica are the example, Sevilla have done well.’