`
Wenger – Arsenal’s belief is good, now we need consistency – Arsenal Banter

Wenger – Arsenal’s belief is good, now we need consistency

Arsene Wenger believes his club’s form at home will dictate whether the Gunners will go on and mount a sustained challenge for the Premier League this season. After a goalless draw on the opening day with Sunderland, Wenger has challenged his side to make the Emirates a fortress against any opposition as Le Prof looks to make the club go the distance this time around.

He said: “We have played one where we got some belief, against Manchester City away. Saturday it is another one, but it is a different one because we are at home.”

Wenger however, was still cautious to play up Arsenal’s hopes for winning the English Premier League this season.

“You will know more about us after 10 games or 15 games,” he said. “I believe in our potential, but we have to show that we are capable to deal with all kinds of problems that consistency demands.”

“We will certainly know a bit more about us on Saturday afternoon – but much more about us after 10 or 15 games.”

Wenger will be looking towards certain players in today’s match to improve on their conversion rate when a chance is provided in front of goal. Arsene Wenger admitted that the Gunners may have won against City if they had taken all their chances.

“We had a difficult start on that front because we played Sunderland and Stoke and could not score. After that when we started to score, you felt in every game we had the chances to score.”

“For us it is more about converting the chances we have into goals. Our conversion rate from goal chance into goals is very important. In big games the number of chances is reduced, so it is important to put them into the net.”

So we want five chances today – And five goals!!!