Mar 192012

The Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger continues his chase for top quality players in his attempt to avoid events like the ones from last summer where the Gunners saw themselves forced to lose Fabregas and Nasri with virtually no time to negotiate deals with other players who were supposed to replace them.

Wenger wants to transfer the most part of the players he’s after early on in the summer and get ready to hit the Premiership hard next season, and it seems that he just added a new name on his already unusually big transfer list.

This time it’s not a star like Hazard, Vertonghen, Gotze or Podolski who are also wanted by Wenger, but it’s a young hotshot who is sure to prove his skills big time in the future.

Wenger knows that second string keeper Fabianski is likely to leave the club in the summer because he grew frustrated by the fact that he can’t seem to be able to catch the first team in front of Szczesny ever since his injury, so the Frenchman wants to have a replacement for him.

Arsenal seems set to transfer Birmingham’s extraordinarily skilled young 19-year-old goalkeeper Jack Butland who also represents the English national team side at the U-21 level. Szczesny should really be worried about his spot if Butland is going to be brought as he’s one of the most promising goalkeepers in the world at his age.

  1. We need at least two top class keepers,so Arsene,go for Butland.

    Gunner by Birth

    • I agree with you mate, so if we can get these players this could be the team next season: 1.Szczesny,3.Sagna,4.Vertonghen,5.Vermaelen,2.Gibbs,17.Song,
      19.Wilshere,14.Gotze,11.Hazard,13.Podolski,10.Van Persie(C)!
      Bench:20.Butland,6.Koscielny,9.M’Vila,16.Ramsey,8.Arteta,
      12.Belhanda,15.Chamberlain! Please leave a comment on want you think guys.I’m a GOONER till I DIE!

      • Perfect gooner.I had the same lineup.U only omitted Jr Hoilet.

      • Koscielny to start, Vertonghon should be on the bench. I can’t see Santos or Coqulin and Roscisky in your line up

      • I rate Koscienlny over Vertonghen at CB. I would also rate Rosicky (assuming current form continues) over Ramsey & Arteta. I actually think our current 1st 11 could really challenge for the title. We just need to make sure we have real quality to step in if any of them are injured – also another real top class striker for when RVP gets injured or needs resting – or we aren’t winning with half an hour to go.

      • to jack essex: how old are you?you are not going to be serious with that dream line up?how much wenger will have to dig for that players and i doubt about it..maybe 3 players the most we can get..be realistic mate

  2. Andre santos suppose 2 b d 1st left bk choice

  3. mine, instead of Hazard and Gotze, I’ll prefer Dries Mertens from PSV and Jr Hoilet.

  4. Szcesney mannone butland martinez – that is 4 top class keepers.
    almunia fabianski and mcdermott can leave

    with charles-cook vickers and huddart as well our keeping situation would be in good hands.

    i would offer birmingham fabianski and mcdermott in a straight swap for butland.

    djourou and squillaci plus cash for vertonghen

    Chamakh plus cash for podolski

    I would also go for clyne and hoilett

    imo that is all we need. i know everyone wants another couple of kids like gotze and hazard. but honestly if we could add hoilett to walcott gervinho arshavin chamberlain miyaichi song coquelin frimpong arteta ramsey wilshire lansbury diaby rosicky eisfeld ozyakup yennaris wellington and gnabry why would we want hazard and gotze? Imo we already have enough players of that ilk. rvp podolski chamakh park bendtner vela campbell afobe there is 8 players to compete for the lone striker role its not hard to work out who is first choice rvp and 2nd choice podolski but between the other 6 there is enough quality for understudies. Wenger just needs to find out which of them is up for the job and who can actually do the job. by that i mean which one can come on for 20 minutes here and there and do a good job as well stand in when rvp and podolski needs a rest or is injured.

 Leave a Reply

(required)

(required)