Wenger Hints At More Signings For Arsenal

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has ruled out signing another striker, according to Goal. Having been asked if he was looking to strengthen with another striker he replied, “Up front we don’t need any more,” Wenger told the press. “It’s not especially for numbers.”

Arsenal signed Alexis Sanchez from Barcelona for £30m and with the Costa Rican Joel Campbell coming back from loan, he believes they have enough numbers. With the two giving support to Olivier Giroud, Theo Walcott, Lukas Podolski and Yaya Sanogo, Arsene believes they have enough players in the final third to last the season. With Olivier Giroud improving every season and the versatility of Sanchez, Arsene believes his team has enough forwards to lead them next season. With Theo Walcott providing support, it does look Arsenal do not need another forward.

When asked if there was a bid for Balotelli, the CEO of A.C. Milan, Adriano Galliani said, “We have not received any offer and at this time, there is nothing from Arsenal.” That looks to be clear now. Arsene isn’t in for another striker.

When asked if he was looking for any other players he said, “We need a goalkeeper for sure and, after that, it depends on how our midfielders get through without injuries until the start of the season. Maybe at centre-back we’ll still bring one in.”

Arsenal has been in contact with the Columbian keeper Ospina from Nice and that deal is to be finalized soon. That is a signing that was needed as their FA Cup hero Fabianski left on a free to join Swansea. They have also approached Southampton for their French midfielder Schneiderlin. With Schneiderlin there has also been an attempt to scoop Khedira away from Real Madrid or the young Portuguese defensive midfielder Carvalho who has a very good season a Sporting CP.

Arsene was also unclear about the future of club captain Thomas Vermaelen who has been rumoured to join rivals Manchester United. If that deal does go through, then they will need a centre back. Having signed Debuchy from Newcastle United, Arsene Wenger would like to build on from last season’s FA Cup.

POPULAR STORIES

One comment

Add a Comment