Wenger – I am Confident Of a Top Four Finish

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger is not yet in despair even though the Gunners only managed to get a draw out of the Bolton game. According to the Frenchman, Arsenal are sure to get a premier league top 4 finish at the end of the season despite the bad late run.

“We feel we have dropped two points because we had chances to win the game,” said the Arsenal boss. “But we produced a decent game against a difficult opponent who gives you the ball, marks tight and waits for their chance.

“We were unlucky as well – we hit the bar, hit the post, – as well as missing some great chances. In the end, we took a gamble playing with four strikers and nearly got caught in the last five minutes.

“I feel what was missing was to take our chances early in the game and that would have changed the whole game. They would have had to come out.

“But I am still confident of a top-four finish. There is a long way to go. I’m confident we can come back. We have come through a difficult period.

“We are confident, but I believe we have to produce our form game by game. For us, every game in the championship now is a cup final.

“People ask about difficult spells, but we had more difficult periods even when we won championships – we did not win for six games.

“It’s part of football. When you have lost three games like we did, and then you don’t lose the fourth game, it’s always not too bad.”

“I don’t know really,” he said. “I can talk and talk, but I don’t know any more than you.”

“When everyone looked at our fixtures at the start of this year, we had Manchester United and Everton away and Liverpool and Arsenal at home and no-one would have expected us to take any points,” said the Wanderers boss.

“But we’ve taken seven points from 12 and it could have been nine. We must continue this run and move away from the dangerous position we are in.”

Wenger must realize that it’s a shame for such a big club like Arsenal to have Big Four ambitions and that they should always fight for the title. Everybody can understand that they had a bad start of the season after Nasri and Fabregas left, but by now the manager should have turned it around completely, especially given the possibility to transfer in the January window.

POPULAR STORIES

6 comments

  1. He’s having a laugh…anyone watching could tell in early december we’ll be lucky…VERY lucky to end 5th. My bet from day one is 6th and still stand by that…i like wenger but he’s either dillusional or crazy – and i’ve given up following the transfer rumours (after massive disappointment last summer and not even going to speak about this winter)…he’s not going to get a marquee signing end of! if we want that and titles, we will have to get someone else in (unfortunately)

  2. Those who have been saying “Nothing is impossible 4 z brave” and “we Trust in Arsen” are u still hang these slogans? fool and u r z fans of z greedy board and Mnger….. not Arsenal.
    Arsenal 4 Life!

  3. Well I’m glad somebody is confident!! Arsenal will not finish in the top four this season it’ll be fifth at best. The whole season got off to the worse start ever by losing Fabregas and Nasri arguably two of our best players. Wenger new deep down they would go but in what has now become a far to familiar arrogant and stubborn fashion he refused to accept it. Replacements of equal quality should have been signed but they weren’t and it showed with the poor start to the season and is back again. Wenger with his stubbornness, arrogance and excuses are pulling this once great club down and fast and what he’s achieved is quickly being forgotten by the fans and replaced with despair and anger. All we as fans, and I have been since ’78, hear are the same excuses season after season and enough is enough now it’s almost torture. There is moreover than you can imagine at the club and there’ll be even more at the end of the season when RVP leaves which I think is an almost certainty. Change is needed at Arsenal and big change to make us great again and needs to come sooner rather than later.

Add a Comment