Wenger is angry at the Arsenal performance but wants lesson learned

Arsene Wenger is not seen as the kind of manager that administers red-faced bollockings at half time or after a match, but if he was ever going to do it then Saturday would have been the time. The Frenchman has spoken about his bitter disappointment at the way Arsenal performed against Norwich on Saturday.

“I am angry, but you have to acknowledge we have not created alot today.Overall it was disappointing but we were not in the game for the first 20 minutes with complete focus.We gave an easy goal away and from then on we made it difficult.”

Wenger admitted that the Gunners had not put in the work or the fight necessary in every Premier league game, suggesting that the players were over confident and then could not snap into gear. From back to front Arsenal were disappointing, and the only positive we can get from this is if the players learn from it and never let it happen again.

“It is a good lesson, but I would have preferred not to get it, because if you need lessons like that you will stand there at the end of the season and be full of regrets.”

Wenger did not blame any particular players and is confident that the whole team will recover and continue where we left off before the international break. Maybe the amount of players that Arsenal had away at internationals had an effect, but it should not have.

5 thoughts on “Wenger is angry at the Arsenal performance but wants lesson learned

  • October 22, 2012 at 1:19 pm

    Wenger is arsenal problem, bcus there is alot player out there in germany italy why most he go to france and buy player, let him go 2 italy spain germany and buy better stricker and winger.

  • October 22, 2012 at 1:19 pm

    I THINK WENGER DID THE RIGHT NOT TO BLAME A PARTICULAR PLAY BECAUSE, THE WAS NOT AT ITS BEST AT ALL. YOU HAVE LEARNED THAT UGLY LESSON, PLEASE DON’T ALLOW THAT AGAIN.

  • October 22, 2012 at 2:06 pm

    If they haven’t learned in 7 years, what make him think that they will learn now? Or Arsene himself, for that matter.

  • October 22, 2012 at 2:36 pm

    I think d club need 2 reenforced d squard,by addn at least 3 players 2 boost d attack and defence.Bcos, d fans are not realy happy about ‘Arsenal’ record for 7 good season without winning a trophy,infact,u can imagine ‘Arsenal’ bcomng a laughng stock 2 ‘Chelsea.So,pls,lets make amendment 2 win somthng dis season. UP GUNNERS !

  • October 22, 2012 at 3:37 pm

    To me wenger to blame becos he is no more technically sound,playin cazorla behind our central forward is nt d best becos cazorla is an attackin midfielder dat should be played like david silva in man city.silva is a very good midfielder bt mancini doesnt play him behind a striker,he is on d wing(right).wenger should copy man city selection or arrangement.d ideal deploying arteta to play d role of dmf is killin his game,atleast wat stop wenger in converting either djoroud,kosn,miquel,squi as a dmf,so dat arteta could join in d attackin than holding. Arsenal diamond selection should be(4-2-3-1)-jenk/sagna,mert,verm,gibbs,Dmf-djoroud,arteta,Amf-gerv,podoski,cazorla,Central forward-giroud.cazorla will be on d right while gervinho will be on d left,then podoski will be behind giroud.so dat when d wingers start d attack both giroud,podoski are waiting 4 d ball to be put into box,either cazorla or arteta are waitin 4 a rebound shot. Alex ferguos is also going 4 d diamond formation where he plays rooney behind van persie. To me an attacker should be played behind an attacker,it will give u goals and goals.wenger should pls change 4 things in his selection-1.playin cazorla behind d central forward,wenger should copy man city arrangement.2,wenger should start starting ramsey,he should always come in as a substitute,even though he has d best skills on earth.3,wenger should remove arteta from d position he is playing him.arteta is much better than cazorla box to box.4,wenger should convert one of our extra central backs to d role of dmf or give coq. More playin time than ramsey dat can nt move d attack and lack fast thinkin ability to play d ball forward nt backwards and sidewards.