Wenger patronises English clubs after CHL qualification

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger patronised his direct Premiership direct opponents underlining that The Gunners are the first club from England to qualify in the Champions League knockout stage this season, despite coming after a very difficult period at the club.

“Yes – I have to be very cautious what I say.”

“I think yes as Manchester United could have qualified [on Tuesday] night, and of course everyone expects Manchester City to qualify.”

“It is difficult at that level. I have never played an easy game in the Champions League.”

“I have played 150 games in the Champions League and every game gives different problems.”

“The groups were very difficult for the Premier League teams. The level has gone up a lot and we were in a difficult group, so I am very happy and pleased to see where we have come from.”

“When we drew Udinese in the qualifier you couldn’t not bet exactly that we would go through as we did. So overall I’m very happy because we came through a very difficult period.”

“We focused, we are united and we worked hard. Together.”

Wenger clearly pointed out a bit the fact that his team did so much better than the others, but after what he’s been through with the club in these past 3 months he has every right to do so. Critics should be criticised themselves sometimes, and this would be the best time for Wenger to do so.

POPULAR STORIES

2 comments

  1. u’re right mr wenger. They thought u av finished view weeks back. Mayb Arsenal wil b d only English team 2 go tru. Because a man reveal his nightmare,wie he saw Man u Vs Man city in Europa league. Arsene should not fixture any of our first choic in d group last match. Wow! wot a busines 4 d french man. If it’s allow, he wil just use dat game 2 make money from Olympicos. Up gunners..

  2. AW too classy to say anything now. If ee win something i bet the experts and pundits with the hacks will get a Wenger gem. Like he said earlier in the season,Its like a pilot with 30yrs experience and you tell him you can fly a plane better.

Add a Comment