`
Wenger reveals Arsenal’s major challenge this season – Arsenal Banter

Wenger reveals Arsenal’s major challenge this season

Arsene Wenger thinks that Arsenal conceding too many goals is the genesis of their problem in the present campaign.

The Gunners, who were disqualified from the Round of 16 of the Champions League after being defeated 10-2 on aggregate by Bayern Munich, have a record of 43 concessions in the Premier League this season, the highest among the top seven clubs in the league.

Arsenal’s poor defense, especially away from the Emirates, may see them out of the Champions League for the first time in 21 years, despite the English club picking up 72 goals this term.

The North London club are presently sitting in the fifth position; Arsenal will not only have to strive hard to win their remaining fixtures, but will also be hoping Liverpool and/or Manchester City slips up and drop point to give them the chance to qualify for next season Champions League.

Arsene Wenger, whose side faces off with Sunderland on Tuesday, revealed that Arsenal’s too much concession this season has been the biggest problem facing the team. “We were quite strong until January but I believe that in the difficult away games we suffered and conceded too many goals”, he said in his pre-match press conference on Monday.

“If you look at our record we have scored 74 goals but have conceded over 40 goals.

“That is too many goals.”

This season might not end trophy less for Arsenal as they still have one more fixture against Premier League champions in the FA Cup final on 27th May.