Wenger says Arsenal WILL spend money but only in the right way!

Despite Arsenal’s high pre-tax season profit, Wenger has issued a statement reinforcing that the club cannot compete with the big money spenders such as Chelsea and Man City. Wenger has admitted that Arsenal were priced out of the race to sign Belgium star Eden Hazard, who eventually joined Chelsea for £32m.

“All the big budgets in England were after him [Hazard],” Wenger revealed. “The transfer price was fixed, because he had a clause, so everybody was at the same level. I cannot tell you how close we were because I don’t know what Chelsea paid in the end.”

Wenger added, “We are not scared to spend the money but we feel that even if we spend our money we can’t compete with some clubs on certain players. We want to spend our money in the right way.”

“Our numbers are good,” Wenger told reporters. “They are pleasing, very pleasing. We are very lucky because we have good support and the income of our gates is very high. We have to maintain that by keeping our fans happy and to continue to manage well in the way we do it.’

Hazard is expected to start against Arsenal and Wenger is expecting a different playing approach when they meet Chelsea on Saturday.

“Chelsea have gone with a different style, they have rejuvenated because they bought some very young players with maybe a more technical style. They have gone a little bit more creative.”

Needless to say, the Arsenal clash against Chelsea will be the game of the weekend and the Gunners will look to continue their unbeaten streak against arguably their toughest opposition yet. City are the champions but Chelsea are the league leaders.

One thought on “Wenger says Arsenal WILL spend money but only in the right way!

  • September 28, 2012 at 1:24 pm

    We have spend too mush.