Wenger says fans needs to support the players more rather than pity them

Wenger says fans needs to support the players more rather than pity them

Arsene Wenger says he understands the sense of disappointment the fans are feeling because they are all in the same shoes, in an effort to placate the angered fans.

It’s quite unbelievable to think any of the players could be feeling disappointed given that their recent loss could have been well avoided if they had put more effort.

Sure, footballers are in the game for the medals, but do feel the pressure a loss cause as much as an Arsenal fan? Watching them play with the ball at Crystal Palace on Monday night was prove enough they care less if they win or lose.

“I want the fans to support the team,” Wenger said.

“I think they are extremely disappointed and I can understand that because we all are. It is understandable that they are disappointed.

“We played with a desire to win the game tonight, with a very offensive team because we knew we had to score goals.

“We knew what we would face. Their keeper took their free-kicks on the halfway line, so it was important for us to win the ball in the air, win the second balls, get the ball down and then play our game. From the start onwards, in the decisive moments of the game, they were sharper.

If what we saw on Monday night was any sort of ‘desire’ then I need a new dictionary.

If the display they put up on Monday night was a desire to win the game, then I don’t care to know what would happen if they do not desire to win.

POPULAR STORIES

Add a Comment