Wenger Talks Up Title Chances

Arsene Wenger

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has declared that the Gunners have what it takes to be Premier League Champions come the end of the season. Arsenal’s title chances were virtually inexistent at the beginning of the season while their top four place was under serious threat after Spurs embarked on a huge summer splash but Wenger and his wards have surprised critics and have played themselves into a good position to mount a serious challenge for the title. With the victory over Newcastle, Arsenal ended the year at the summit of the league and Premier League history proves that sitting there midway through the season could prove pivotal at the end of it.

Talking to media men, Wenger said : “There is something in the team that is special on the mental front where we have many times been questioned,

“For years we were younger to resist this kind of pressure but we have always been up there at the top.

“Look we believe in ourselves and we are determined to give our best absolutely and to turn back on this season at the end and think that we have given our best. I hope it will be enough of course but it’s a long way to go – it’s too early to say that.”

Well said Wenger. Arsenal have shown new resolve this season and it is a clear evidence of mental strength. The Gunners have won ample games on the road and even when they had their backs against the wall. A classical example was the game against Newcastle, despite the Magpies attempt to bully Arsenal’s creative players, the Gunners didn’t feel intimidated. They also withstood a spell of sustained pressure from the home side to eke out the vital win.

This season, Arsenal have won matches playing beautifully but they have also won matches playing ugly and standing firm. All these attest to their growing title credentials.

--- POPULAR ARTICLES ---