`
Wenger – We Must Fight For The Title. But Can They? – Arsenal Banter

Wenger – We Must Fight For The Title. But Can They?

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger has renewed the club’s title ambitions and declared that after a Manchester City win the Gunners could really fight for the title if they continue the same kind of form.

“We have to come close to Man City to be really in it.

“We are in the race for the Champions League places at the moment – and the purpose is to get closer. We have a good opportunity to do it on Sunday.”

“I never gave too much importance to big scores because they are always under special circumstances, and on the day every ball they hit went in the top corner,” the Frenchman said.

“But it’s part of football, and of course it’s something we don’t want, but I don’t think that on Sunday it will even cross our minds.”

“If you have a strong mental response from your players it can help,” the Arsenal manager said.

“It took us a while to get over it – let’s not fool ourselves – and we came back slowly, but there’s something in the team that shows we have the resilience.

“We are on the way of recovery but we have a big, big test on Sunday and let’s see how we survive that test.”

“You just want to do as well as you can.”

It’s incredible how Arsenal managed to bounce back from a horrible start of the season, and with that kind of a comeback fans are entitled to hope that Arsene Wenger will manage to come back all the way and perhaps win the title in a spectacular manner.