2015 UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL HOTELS, BERLIN June 6th - CLICK HERE for HOTELS PACKAGES>
Jan 112013

Yes Arsenal fans, we are once again being linked with Yann M’Vila, a player we were linked to almost the whole summer last year and now the window has reopened the rumours are back! However this time there is more reason to believe them.

Ligue 1 club Rennes have confirmed that Yann M’Vila has asked to leave the club.
On the matter, Yann M’Vila said;

“The club have received offers. I want to go but deal has to be right for everyone. If it isn’t, I will stay until end of the season”.

Now, I highly doubt that Arsenal are one of those clubs who Rennes has received an offer from however there certainly WAS interest there. Whether there still is since the summer is unknown, especially as lots has happened to the French international in the last 6-7 months.

M’Vila was seen as a perfect player to fit in the Arsenal squad and he was wanted by Arsenal fans for the majority of the summer to play alongside then Arsenal player Alex Song. And the wish for M’Vila to join became even stronger once Song in-fact left for Spanish giants FC Barcalona. Several reports suggested a deal was done between Arsenal and Rennes however no move ever materialised, but there are lots of reasons for this.

Arsenal reportedly did make a bid for M’Vila, which Rennes accepted, however rivals Tottenham Hotspur also showed an interest and so Rennes held back advanced negotiations with Arsenal in order to see what Spurs were willing to offer. In this time it’s was seen that Yann M’Vila had a few discipline issues, with the Frenchman getting in trouble both with the French football association, which leant to an eventual national team ban and he also got into trouble with the law and so its understood that Wenger, who is known for being able to change troubled players such as Thierry Henry and Robin Van Persie into absolute world beaters, wasn’t willing to discuss terms for the player anymore and he pulled the bid out of the deal.

Almost 5 months on M’Vila hasn’t changed much, he still has discipline issues and his player performances have dropped dramatically in recent months, and we now see a player that doesn’t seem anything like the same person he was 6 months ago when he was gathering interest from some of the top clubs in the world including Barcelona before the bought Alex Song. Whether Wenger will go back in for M’Vila, is unknown. I personally don’t think we should, however the player is available now he wants to leave and probably for a much cheaper price, so if Wenger is still confident in M’Vila’s ability and good attitude, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a bid go in for the Frenchman. Do you it should or will happen?

  1. Le prof is just wasting tym this player is gud and we all knw that Arteta is not playing well there so prof should get this young man and I beliv he can change his undiserved atitude pls we need him prof…

  2. please wenger should just sign we need a dm an a sharp striker pls just sign anybody

  3. pls mr wengar we need a good striker like R V P

  4. i don’t know wat that old man is waiting 2 sign this guy yann. atlist he’s physically strong and about technics his ok and prof will change him some how.
    maybe he want him 2 kidnapped by new castle?!!!!

  5. wenger should be a quick decision maker and sign players when they are willing go and sign Yann

 Leave a Reply

(required)

(required)