2015 UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL HOTELS, BERLIN June 6th - CLICK HERE for HOTELS PACKAGES>
Dec 222011

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger proved to be overly enthusiastic after Benayoun’s goal stating his admiration for the Israeli attacking midfielder which brought the three points for Wenger’s team.

“He is well integrated in the group, is a fantastic professional and has a great spirit,” Wenger told Arsenal Player.

“He is a very intelligent boy and tonight he did fantastically well when he came on. The changes who came on did very well and stabilised our game I think – Yossi came on and won us three fantastic points.

“You go to City and then to Villa and I have to give fantastic credit to my players, they have given absolutely everything in the last three days with two difficult away games.

“For us to respond well was vital. I was a bit nervous I must say because for us you have experience and history with us coming to Aston Villa – it is always these kinds of games where it is marginal to win or to lose.

“I was a bit nervous because I knew how important it was to win and I knew that it would be a difficult game.”

The question standing on everybody’s lips now is if Benayoun will manage to become a first team player, at least until the transfer season opens up again. Even though Ramsey wasn’t so bad lately he proved to be a bit weary at times, so improvement can be made on that position and perhaps Yossi is the man. What do you think?

  1. yeah, he should start behind RVP

  2. The question is if he is fit enough to do 60, 70, 80 minutes at Premier League pace. Often good subs knowing they only have to go for 10 minutes can make an effort that they can’t duplicate when they start the game and have to go for more minutes.

    Wenger should know from training.

    I certainly hope that Wenger intends making Benayoun’s loan permanent. He is worth his money as a sub.

    You have to love the effort the team displayed. They were obviously tired but manged to get the three points. I am not sure that the team from last year would have taken the points in the same condition. We lost quality last summer but we seemed to have gained a lot of heart.

  3. Drop Ramsey, throw in Benayoun. Try him before you feel he is not good enough for 90mins. Can you remember when was the last time Ramsey assisted or scored a goal in the PL?

  4. Ramsey is still developing and need to be rested to come in as substite at times.Beny should now become part of the first team considering his experience and passion for the club.We need him permanently please.

  5. I agreed that Ramsey should be given a rest for one or two games.

 Leave a Reply

(required)

(required)