Will Podolski, M’Vila and Giroud convince RVP to stay at Arsenal?

The most important move that Arsene Wenger has make this summer is to extend the Arsenal captain Robin Van Persie’s contract. The Dutchman only has 12 months left on his current deal, and Wenger seems to be unable to convince him to put pen to paper yet.

People close to Arsenal, and even some players, claim that the best way to convince Robin to stay is not to offer him big money, but big names to play with.

Now that the German striker Lukas Podolski has igned with Arsenal, it’s believed that the next two Arsenal targets will be M’Vila and Giroud.

25-year-old striker Olivier Giroud has stated his interest in joining the Gunners, and according to the rumours Arsenal sent a £7 million bid (plus Chamakh) to Montpellier. The French club are expected to request more for his services, but it’s yet to be seen.

21-year-old defensive midfielder Yann M’Vila has also expressed his liking when it comes to Arsenal, and Wenger has attempted to transfer the French international midfielder last summer and is believed to attempt the move again this time around.

M’Vila stated that he doesn’t know where his future stands, but fellow Frenchman Sagna stated that he’s rooting for him to join Arsenal as soon as possible, and that Yann will be a great addition.

Will these three top players be enough to persuade Van Persie to sign the contract extension?

POPULAR STORIES

23 comments

  1. we av been talking about VP all these while. what happen to walcott and song contract? the three of them has the same issue; a year left

      1. Correct. But Wenger wants him to extend so we don’t have yet another “Nasri situation” next summer…

  2. If he wants to stay, they should be enough to convince him of Arsenal’s seriousness of competing for trophies.

  3. King Van P. is no 2 faced captain like th one7 w lost, h is a thurough breed gooner like me ready to take u beyond ur imagination~ hehehe!!!.

  4. is he going to pay for their transfer fees?
    maybe if he scored that penalty at old trafford could have changed the game plus plenty of sitter he missed this season including this including man utd and milan at the emirates things would have been different.
    its about time footballers take responsibilities when we fail to win trophy. i don’t support wenger’s policy but anyone can see that arsenal is progessing. we have top youngsters that will win us things soon. all we need is a couple mature signings to take the pressure off them and allow them to develop. van persie is welcome to stay and help, its up to him if he choses to win medals by just sitting on the bench at etihad or work hard for it.
    he’s gonna go anyway, i don’t think this greedy board will break their pay structure for a 28 years old they’d rather cash in while he still looking fit.
    whatever happen we will move on

    1. you are talking about top youngesters !!!
      also they are going out this year or next year……that’s true …. you are dreaming so wake up and open your ayes

      1. lets do it the arsene way
        ryo,chamberlain,coquelin,afobe,bartley,campbell and wilshere are like new signings
        if you add podolski and 2 more new faces thats 9.just assume is kagawa/belhanda or whatever.
        the only bad things is the selection. walcott and ramsey shouldn’t be first choice anymore.
        now first team line-up: SCZESNY,SAGNA,SANTOS,VERMAELEN,KOSCIELNY,SONG,WILSHERE,KAGAWA,CHAMBERLAIN,PODOLSKI,VAN PERSIE.
        bench:MANONE,GIBBS,MERTESACKER,COQUELIN,RYO,GERVINHO,ARTETA OR AFOBE.
        is that a bad team?
        now the 2 new signings and the others are part of the rotation in case of injuries and tiredness.
        if van persie leave then we must surely buy a new mature striker coz campbell and afobe hadn’t had full season in the first team.

        1. Ye it is sign mvilla hoilet on a free giroud swap with chamack plus ad 8 mill too it buy a rb too cover sagna offer lille park plus 4 mil for debuchy id prefer eriksen instead of kagawa and av a look at signing marvin martin gt rid of all fringe players and look to offer fulhm arshavin for dempsey
          Our team nxt yr
          Scezny
          sagna vermaelen kos gibbs
          mvilla/song or if both on pitch play song as a box to box like yaya
          walcott/hoilet wilshere/erikesn podolski/dempsey both can play behind st or as strikers so pod cud b on left and dempsey just playing off rvp or other way round
          rvp giroud/dempseypodolski
          Subs. Arteta rosicky ox per debuchy n who ever dnt start out of first teamers

  5. Giroud and Mvilla are two quality players but should not be priorities. Replacing Cesc and getting a real back up for Sagna should be uppermost in Le Prof’s mind. Having said that, signing the french boys would be a statement of intent.

  6. we are dead team that’s true…………all our good players want out…and our bloved team is going dawn in front of ayes

    only God can save us…….plz help us rabi/god/allah

  7. Van Persie’s wife Bouchra added: “Arsenal showed faith in Robin when he was going through a lean time, so we should not repay them by thinking about other clubs.

    “Our home life and our children are happy in London.”

    Mum tells RVP to stay!!

  8. If we buy Giroud, where will he play? Walcott on the right wing and Podolski on the left wing. RvP on the middle.. And he won’t be one of our midfielders so I think Giroud won’t be purchased.

    1. He cud play upfront with rvp wud giv our attack a different dimension thats y we struggle at times to score against medioka teams bcos rvp aint an aerial players were giroud if plus dempsey if we chd gt both we cud change formations tactics and team wud nt b able too predict wa were gna do n how to stop us

  9. Do you want τ̅☺ tell me you’re not aware about something called the substitute ?? Τ̅☺ me oliver Giroud is a sub player and ​¶ don’t think he can keep up in top plight premier league football because he’s a lil slow #AdebayorChamack.but ​¶ think he will be a good squad player on the bench with the likes of mvilla or odil ahmedov in the midfield ​¶ think we will be wining something next season .

  10. same story every season when will all this stop.we are decieved by wenger.last time mata now mata is in chelsea the other time it was hazard,now is m,villa pls we are tired ok.we need trophy

  11. Pretty much a big yes…

    To add on to that 3 players, get rid of Djourou and bring in someone more reliable…. then it is a definite yes.

Add a Comment