Will Sagna really leave Arsenal? Wenger thinks not

Wenger has rubbished speculations about Sagna’s future.

Bacary Sagna, who is currently spending time on the sidelines due to injury, has recently spoken out about the club’s transfer policy. He said that, although he expected Robin van Persie to leave, the departure of Alex Song was a surprise to him. The French international has pointed out the fact that Nasri and Clichy have won trophies after leaving so their decision to quit Arsenal might have been vindicated. The right back, who will enter the last year of his contract next season, is yet to hold any talks with the club regarding a possible extension.

Sagna’s above comments have set the cat among the pigeons with media going on a speculation frenzy regarding his future at the club. But Arsene Wenger has come out and cleared the air saying that the quotes were taken out of context and Sagna ‘loves’ the club.

“Bacary loves the club and I think he will stay here” Wenger was quoted on Talksport.

“His interview doesn’t reflect the love he has for this club. He has always given full commitment.”

Arsenal fans will be hoping that the club can open talks with the French international and tie him down to the Emirates before he enters his final year of the contract. The Gunners have already lost too many players in the recent past due to contract negotiation failures.

2 thoughts on “Will Sagna really leave Arsenal? Wenger thinks not

  • September 13, 2012 at 6:28 pm

    He can go,age is no longer on his side yet he can’t see that his replacement is doing well.French players are not loyal to Arsenal check the history.

  • September 13, 2012 at 6:54 pm

    All I know is that obese disappointed with what he had to say, I mean I had not long ago rejected a £46 million move from Man City for Sagna 🙁 …I don’t know if Wenger will offer him much of a contract as by the time his current one expires he’ll be 32/33??