Owen Coyle believes Ryo Miyaichi is a future Arsenal star

Arsenal’s players are doing a great job all over the Premiership, as Bolton manager Owen Coyle is delighted about having the chance to use the young Gunner Ryo Miyaichi until the end of the season.

Coyle used the winger in a friendly game at the beginning of the week and is now expected to make him a week-in-week-out first team player after an impressive performance in the closed door match against Preston.

“Ryo has unbelievable ability, he has got pace to burn without wanting to warn opponents, he is lightning quick.” Coyle said. “He has also got great feet and is only going to get better.

“When he gets his chance he will show everybody what he can do. The proof will be in the pudding, but you will see what he has in his locker. He gets the ball and then something can happen.

“He is quite slight, so he has some developing to come. But his work-rate is similar to Chung Yong Lee. I also love his temperament, you always see him with a smile. I like his appetite for the game and his enthusiasm.”

“I would love to have signed him permanently but Arsenal would not let that happen.

“Ryo’s ambition is to go back to Arsenal and into their first team. He has enough to do that. He was at Feyenoord on loan and was terrific.

“When you are at an elite club you are not always going to get into the team, but may go on to have a good career. Everybody has their level. But I think Ryo can be an Arsenal player for years to come.”

By the time he’ll return to Arsenal Miyaichi will have to fight with Walcott, Gervinho and Oxlade-Chamberlain for the first team spot, especially as Chamberlain is really gaining pace in Wenger’s eyes and will probably become a regular first team player for the forseeable future.

Do you think Ryo will ever impose himself at Arsenal?

***Sunderland v Arsenal Highlights – Henrrrrrrryyyyyy!!!!***

12 thoughts on “Owen Coyle believes Ryo Miyaichi is a future Arsenal star

  • February 12, 2012 at 3:16 am

    Ryo will be a first team player sooner rather than later.

  • February 12, 2012 at 4:21 am

    i thought every arsenal supporters wanted depth in squad…..

  • February 12, 2012 at 4:21 am

    I think he will be a starter by the end of next season in Arsenal.
    By that time Oxlade will have probably found some groove playing in the middle.

  • February 12, 2012 at 4:39 am

    I hope his time at Bolton will bulk him up a little. I’m sure that is one of his main areas of improvement. Looks too easy to push off the ball. He looks brilliant though.

  • February 12, 2012 at 6:09 am

    If Owen Coyle says it I`ll believe it…full stop.

  • February 12, 2012 at 6:33 am

    for the past few years arsenal have been suffering from the madness of king arsene.
    picking bad players and neglecting better one, you will think miyaichi with his skill and workrate he will earn at least a place on the bench, nope!
    squillaci over nortdveit, bendtner over vela, chamakh over park chu young but he couldn’t hide the ox in favour of arshavin. pressure from the media because ox is english, plus he got booed for it. all talks about ox not being ready was rubbish.
    now whats ryo doing at bolton? he could have rotating with walcott, he’s actually better than walcott.
    MADNESS OF KING ARSENE, he picks players he loves most. i feel sorry for park chu young.

    • February 12, 2012 at 8:29 am

      Who says Nortveidt, Vela or Park are any good ? You have decided that from seeing them a couple of times and Arsene has seen them week after week in training. Well who can anyone argue with that logic ? As for the training issue playing in the Premier League in of substantially more benefit than playing in the reserves, end of story. Henry and Van Persie are not coaches and besides he’s spent 6 months with Van Perise already. It didn’t do Wilshere any harm playing for Bolton.

      • February 12, 2012 at 9:51 am

        Actually Nordveit is quite good and is having a great season at Monchengladbach. He’s doing so well in fact supposedly Man United is lining up a possible summer move for him. Wenger had even said he didnt want to sell him.

  • February 12, 2012 at 6:38 am

    he said he was enjoying training with henri, van persie and the rest coz he’s learning alot.
    now he’s training with kevin davies and david n’gog, great!!!!!!

    • February 12, 2012 at 9:02 pm

      you’re not thinking very clearly.

      a player can easily hone his own game, style and skills without other players of equal skill around and he’ll learn more when he’s back at arsenal.

      what he’ll gain at bolton is more power, and considering how fast our japanese winger is. i’m pretty frightened to see what monster bolton unleashes

  • February 12, 2012 at 7:01 am

    Sam, well said my friend. I also could not believe he gave a new contract to djru the worst defender after squid. Why not sell him n buy vertoghan. I feel like pulling hair out.

  • February 12, 2012 at 8:20 am

    Just seen miyachis debut at Bolton! Already looks better than Walcott! We need some fresh players, ones that take chances and actually do something with them!