Lansbury becoming disillusioned with Wenger

Arsenal’s midfielder Henri Lansbury was delighted he managed to get the loan move to West Ham United in the last week of the transfer season, despite his manager Arsene Wenger saying just two weeks ago that he thought the young Englishman was good enough to “make a career in the Arsenal first team”.

After speaking to Wenger and eventually finding out that he will NOT be on the cards for a first team place in the season that just started, Lansbury’s target was to leave the club on loan so that he can get playing time and grow as a player.

He still wants to play for Arsenal, but as a wise player that he is, he knows that he can’t grow without games and giving the current situation he wouldn’t have fitted in Arsenal’s first team.

Lansbury declared: “I spoke to Arsene before and asked if I was in his plans,”

“Wenger said I wouldn’t play that much football and I’m not the type to sit around and get 10 minutes here and there.
“I asked about going on loan and got the move to West Ham.

“He talks how he rates me but obviously he’s not playing me. I need to be playing and West Ham gave me a chance so I wanted to take it.

“My priority has been to play in the Arsenal first team since I’ve been a youngster. But if I have to go then I must.”

He also stated that if he will not fit in Arsenal’s plans starting next season he might reconsider his future and might even be up for a permanent transfer away from the club.

Do you think Lansbury is a good enough player to become a regular first team appearance for the Gunners starting next season?