Is Fabregas right?

Former Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas spoke about one of the reasons he wanted to join Barcelona so badly and leave Arsenal. From his point of view, Arsenal has no chance to win any important trophies in the future.

“I respect that Arsenal don’t have the same financial opportunities as the others.”, said Fabregas. “But it was part of my decision to leave that I find it hard to see Arsenal winning the Premier League or Champions League in the near future.

“If you look at the team this season I can’t see them finishing in front of teams like Manchester United or City, or Chelsea. There’s just too big a difference between the squads.

“I still have many feelings for Arsenal, but I fear that they won’t be able to push the other big clubs in England away.”

“I want to be in a club that is able to win the big titles year after year and I don’t see that kind of future for Arsenal.

“I hope they will replace me and the others that have left with some quality players and maybe they can take Arsenal back to their level as champions.” (The Sun)

Fabregas’ popularity among Arsenal’s fans started fading away after he left and his opinions are most certainly changing things. Fabregas shouldn’t have stuck his nose where it doesn’t belong. Perhaps he should worry more about Barcelona and less about Arsenal. This team is worse in the midfield section compared to last year, but it’s a lot better in the defensive area, and the goalkeeper problem is solved after all this time of sorrow.

But do you think Fabregas is right?