Koscielny believes that Song defended the defence!

Arsenal’s central defender Laurent Koscielny was happy that the defensive midfielder Alex Song is back from suspension and will help with the defensive chores at the club.

The French international defender was happy about the result from Dortmund and stated: “It was a hard game, Dortmund played very well. We defended well, but to concede a goal two minutes before the end was difficult for us. We didn’t lose, which was good. We have a game at home, and it is important to win that.”

After a very hard game, especially for the defensive side of the team, Koscielny was relieved to get away with a well deserved point.

“I think we defended very well – all the team defends together. It’s very important to have Alex [Song] near the centre backs, because he stops the opportunities coming to the other team. It’s good for us.”, he added.

Koscielny is immediately up for another game, and couldn’t wait for the Blackburn game to come along for them.

“Yes, we are in a good place now and we want to go and win at Blackburn.”

With Arsenal’s form growing since the end of the transfer season, things are looking bright for the Gunners who can still catch up on United and City if they stop making any foolish mistakes and lose points waywardly.