Forget the crap defence – Arsenal still need Hazard and M’Vila

Arsenal’s disaster against Blackburn forced people to turn their heads once again at transfers, and despite the poor defensive performance Arsenal had, everybody seems to think what the London club needs most is another midfielder who can replace Ramsey and be able to motivate Song, Wilshere and Arteta to work hard for the starting position.

Arsenal was linked with many top class midfielders over the summer, and continues to be linked with some for the winter transfer period. A good selection of midfielders for the defensive position and the attacking one are currently being linked with the club.

On the defensive position we have two high class players Wenger is interested in. One of them is Everton’s Fellaini, who proved he is a top player who can play for virtually any club in the world, and the other one is the Rennes player Yann M’Vila, who is now a trusted French national squad player, and if transferred would surely make Song’s live very difficult.

On the attacking side of the midfield there are a lot more possible prospects. The latest one to have been linked with a move to the London club is Real Madrid’s Esteban Granero, but in my opinion the player is overrated and wouldn’t bring the class Arsenal now needs. Of the most impressive players we can nominate Marvin Martin from Sochaux, who is a very good player, or we can go even better and hope Wenger will manage to capitalise on his wish to transfer Lille’s Eden Hazard or Barcelona’s Thiago Alcantara.

Hazard is Lille’s captain and most impressive player. He has had an excellent season last time around, and his performances seem to be just as convincing this season.

Thiago Alcantara on the other hand would be a bit pricier, and the skills he has are somewhere similar to the ones of Hazard, but being a Spanish player International appearances at a very high level might help him grow into a better player.

Who do you think Wenger should concentrate on and what kind of midfielder he most needs? I think that a very good defensive midfielder like M’Vila and one of Hazard or Alcantara would bring Arsenal’s play to a whole new level

***Read what ALL the Arsenal blogs are saying at JustArsenalBlogs.com***