Djourou – “Arsenal are getting stronger” Is he mad?

Djourou still thinks that all the team needs is a little more time to adjust to one and other after quite a few transfers were completed in the last week of the transfer period.

Djourou was on the field both times when Arsenal lost on away territory, at United and at Bolton, and according to him all the team needs is to look forward and put some wins behind them starting with the one on Tuesday against Shrewsbury Town.

“When you lose, it is always important to have a response,” , said Djourou

“Even if it is at home in the Carling Cup, we want to win so we need a big response on Tuesday.

“We have to bounce back because we have another game and we have to be ready for those. We are disappointed but there is still a long way to go and things are not over yet.

“We had many chances to put the game to bed in the first half and, when you don’t do that, you are always in danger of getting punished. I think that is what happened on Saturday.

“The team is building together and we are getting stronger together,”

“We could have won the game but this team has got a lot of potential and we have to work hard to be the best.” (Arsenal.com)

Even if Arsenal manages to win in the Carling Cup game, they still have to start gathering wins in the league in order to save their season. The only thing that could wash away some of the shame is defeating Shrewsbury Town in a decisive manner and with a big score difference. That could help their confidence and might be able to help them start the new cycle Wenger was speaking about.