Is the pressure starting to get to Wenger?

Arsene Wenger must be feeling the heat after another fail in the Premier League away at Blackburn, and the pressure is starting to get to the Frenchman who is losing his temper when it comes to the players.

Too long has Arsene been so at peace with everything that is going on at Arsenal, and some fans just feel that he should start being more drastic when it comes to his players, and that performances like the ones played away this season must have big repercussions for the players that screw up.

Wenger attacked his players a little in the press conference before the game against Shrewsbury by saying: “I believe there is a little question of time and timing,” he said.

“Andre Santos and Per Mertesacker are new, but they were not especially guilty on the goals. But maybe as a unit we need more time to work.

“A lack of concentration, a lack of communication, a lack of coordination and individual urgency is behind the goals we have conceded.

“When you score an own goal, you have to look at yourself. It is never completely out of your reach where you have no chance at all. All the rest, you have to look at yourself.” (The Mirror)

Arsenal’s next test will be today against Shrewsbury Town in the Carling Cup. Despite the problem his players have in finding pace, Wenger said he will use the same policies as always when it comes to the Carling Cup, and that Gunner fans will have the chance to see younger or more inexperienced players at work today.

Perhaps it’s time Wenger adapts to the modern days. Like all creatures, Wenger’s survival will depend on his abilities to adapt to the modern game and to today’s problems. Perhaps all Arsenal needs right now is a more fastidious Wenger with a tougher attitude.