Wenger promises his new signings a run-out against Shrewsbury

The Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger played Andre Santos and Per Mertesacker in Saturdays disastrous defeat to Blackburn this weekend, and he has promised to introduce the rest of his new signings in the Carling Cup match against Shrewsbury tonight.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chu Young Park and Ryo Miyaichi are sure to figure, as will Carl Jenkinson and some up-and-coming reserve players like Francis Coquelin and Emmanuel Frimpong.

“We have a big squad now and we want to make use of that,” Wenger said.

“I will give a chance for young players to shine and find the right mixture in this competition between keeping our faith in young players and, of course, winning the games.

“That means having the right balance between experience and youth.”.

“I had my team in my head before the Blackburn game and it will remain exactly the same,”.

“We will have Frimpong, Coquelin, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ryo, and maybe one or two more. There is an also opportunity to see Park for the first time.

“Chamakh will also feature. You will also see Jenkinson start in his position. We will try to find a mixture between youth and experience.”

Shrewsbury surprised the Premiership new-boys Swansea 3-1 in the last round so Arsenal must not go into this game with overconfidence. They MUST have a side out that can win comfortably to rebuild confidence, but it will also be good to see Park, Miyaichi and AOC given a chance to show their abilities as well.

Perhaps the Arsenal reserve team are better than the first team right now…..