Ryo:”It has been my dream to play at Emirates”

New Japanese star Ryo Miyaichi has declared that it was his life’s dream to come and play for Arsenal and to be a part of such an amazing team. After he only played for a few minutes in the Carling Cup game against Shrewsbury Town, Miyaichi is quoted on Arsenal’s official website saying that he will give everything for the club and that he is very happy since joining The Gunners.

“It has been my dream to play on the Emirates pitch,” he told Arsenal’s official website.

“It’s great and I am really happy.

“One year ago I was still in Japan and playing high school football. I didn’t even think I would be playing here so it was a surprise. I was working hard and now I am here I have to keep my feet on the ground and try even harder.”

“It was a mixture of nervousness and being excited [before coming on],” he added. “I could hear the crowd before and then I got a bit more nervous.

“I could hear the calls and I was really happy. I wanted to respond by playing well and hopefully that can lead to the next step.” (Arsenal.com)

Ryo is one of the most promising young prospects at the club, and Wenger has had big things to say about the Japanese. Even team captain Robin Van Persie praised the winger and said that he has the skill and determination needed to become one of the best and a fan favourite.