Coyle makes peace with Wenger ahead of Arsenal – Bolton

Bolton Wonderers manager Owen Coyle backs Wenger up before the direct game the two teams will have to play on Saturday.

Coyle’s Bolton is in the same place as Wenger’s Arsenal after this season start. Both teams had terrible starts to the year, and find themselves “competing to avoid relegation”. Despite all the pressure he has on his shoulders, Coyle found time to defend Arsene from all the critics he has been receiving.

“We understand how the game works, but it is absolutely ridiculous,” said the Coyle

“Arsene Wenger is one of the best managers that football has ever been lucky enough to have.”

“If Arsene was to leave Arsenal, where would you get anyone better to do the job? He is an outstanding manager. Look at the way he does it year in and year out and the way they play.”

“I know they have not won a trophy [since 2005], but they probably should have done last season before a bit of luck went against them. But he is still one of the best managers in world football.” (The Mirror)

It’s a great thing that Coyle decided to defend Arsene after the fight the two had earlier this year regarding Gary Cahill’s transfer. After an awful start to the season, both teams will try and shake it off, so we can expect a fierce fight between the two squads and loads of determination on both sides.