Van Persie stalls contract extension talks with Arsenal

Arsenal’s Dutch captain Robin Van Persie has offered a statement in which he spoke about the contract at Arsenal and about the possibility to extend it. The player spoke with Arsene Wenger, who wants to avoid the Nasri incident so he started early with the contract talks.

Now, if this isn’t another invented article, and if Van Persie wasn’t saying things just to get rid of the reporters, than Arsenal might have another problem after the ones in the past with Nasri, Fabregas, Clichy, Kolo Toure and others.

“I still have almost two years until 2013. So for the moment that’s fine, but I don’t know. We will have to look. “, said the striker.

“I’m happy with my contract, I’m good. That’s how it is, I can’t say much more. I can’t look into the future.”

“The main thing for me is the team and that we play well. I do believe you have to look for a right moment to sit down and speak about your own stuff. It’s not only about me, it’s about the team.”

“I don’t want to give the wrong message to speak about my own stuff while the others are a bit more important.”

“I can’t say we are talking now because we are so busy – we have games every three or four days.”

The Dutch international joined Arsenal in 2004, and since then he became exponentially more important to the team. Just this week he hit the 100 goal mark in his career at the London club, and this season he has become the club’s captain. So things are looking up for the Dutchman in his fabulous career. Everybody expects him to stay at the club, and given the relationship he has with the fans he will surely not disappoint. But on the other hand…that’s exactly what we thought about Cesc before he left. What do you think Van Persie will do with his contract?