Wenger doesn’t agree with Ferguson upon TV rights.

Arsene Wenger is ready to send his team on the pitch in weekends at lunchtime if that will help bring more money from Asia for the television rights. This statement comes as a counter to Ferguson’s statement from earlier this week when the Scott said that English Premier League fixtures are dictated by the media, and it’s often in the team’s disadvantage.

“I want us to be the best league in the world and I would give anything for that,” said Wenger.

“We have to accept that to be the best league in the world we have to play at 12.45 on Saturday lunchtime or early in the morning because in Asia they can watch us and I am happy to do that.

“We have to give away something, some privileges, and you can only do that because in any deal you need both to be winners. And if you want the Premier League to stay the best league in the world you need to make sacrifices. I’m ready for that.

“The fixtures are not always satisfying,” he went on, “but it hasn’t stopped us from doing well, nor Man United, nor the other English teams, in Europe.

“In the Premier League sometimes you can feel a bit handicapped but maybe that is the price you have to pay as well. If you are not happy with the contract… I agree with Ferguson that we have signed that contract and nobody forced us to do it.

“We are dependent on the money we get from the media and they want something for it. And we can only look at ourselves basically.”

Arsene Wenger was always the man who thought more about money than other managers do. In his opinion the media money is very important to clubs, and he is right! Despite the fact that it really is uncomfortable to play at such hours, the money coming from the media make it worth the effort.