Wenger – Wilshere’s injury shouldn’t be an excuse at all

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger doesn’t worry about what effect Jack Wilshere’s injury could have on the team. The Frenchman thinks that The Gunners have a lot of players who can do the job, and that young players like Frimpong or Coquelin will seize the moment and try to show their worth for the team.

“Touch wood we can absorb the number of games we face well and we have some younger players pushing like Coquelin and Frimpong, who are playing very well,” said Wenger. “So hopefully we can cope with it.

“If Abou Diaby comes back well and quickly we should, number-wise and quality-wise, be alright. That depends as well on the injuries we have in the next two or three months.”

Arsene Wenger thinks that Wilshere’s injury was unlucky for both the midfielder and the club, and that the fit midfielders must prove their worth before the next transfer season due to the few choices Wenger has.

“Jack’s injury makes us a bit shorter in midfield and it puts a bit more pressure on our midfielders to perform game-in, game-out, because we will have less rotation possibilities,” he said.

“But every club can be tested on that front so it shouldn’t impact our end result of the season and shouldn’t be any excuse at all.

“Jack can come back and be very strong and help us finish the season well.”

Let’s just hope by the time Wilshere comes back Arsenal will still need help in winning the title. The side from the Emirates have a very big task ahead until the January transfer season when they will be able to bring more quality midfielders in. Who do you think The Gunners should transfer in the winter break?