Olympiakos manager Valverde wants points out of the Arsenal game.

Olympiacos Spanish manager Alberto Valverde spoke before the Champions League match against Arsenal that the Greek side is not here just for the sake of participating in an European league, and that they will do their best to get something out of the game the two teams will be playing tonight on the Emirates stadium.

“Every time we have clubs playing against each other the one that will win is the one which imposes its own style of play and who will do it better,” the Spaniard said. “Usually the team that has to change its style for the other is the one that will lose.”

“We have to face an opponent who is probably one of the toughest we could find ourselves against. They are a great team, we know that we are the underdogs but we are here to give a good impression and why not take something out of this game.”

The Spaniard doesn’t take Arsenal lightly and says that despite the large number of absentees in Arsenal’s squad.

“I want to acknowledge that we recognise the high calibre of our opponents,” he said. “It does not matter if Arsenal have one, two, three, four or five players missing, it is the same for us. “

“Arsenal is a great club, they have a lot of players that can replace the ones that will not play.”

“Certainly we know that some of their most important players will not be available for the match, but we are here to face Arsenal as a team and not 11 individual players.”

Arsenal will have to play tonight with very big squad problems. Wilshere, Diaby, Vermaelen, Djourou, Benayoun, Squillaci, Koscielny, Gervinho and Walcott are all out, most of them only for the Olympiacos match, so Wenger will have a very tough challenge in putting together a team. With Vermaelen, Djourou, Squillaci and Koscielny all out, Mertesacker will probably team up with youngster Ignaci Miquel for the Champions league game. Up front without Gervinho and Walcott newly transferred Korean J.Y. Park will probably be given the chance to play his first game for The Gunners.