Chamberlain:”Tottenham – Arsenal will be my first ever derby”

New Arsenal star Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is delighted about the chance to take part in a North London derby and has told Arsenal’s official website that this is the first real derby in his life. From the lad’s point of view the game against Tottenham is a real big chance for him to shine again if manager Arsene Wenger decides to play him at the White Hart Lane.

“The closest I got to [a derby] was Southampton v Bournemouth but I think that was more of a derby for Bournemouth rather than Southampton fans,” he said.

“I obviously haven’t been involved in a north London derby yet but the boys have all been telling me what a massive occasion it is.”

“Just to be involved in the squad in any game, I am honoured to do that. If I am on the bench or in the starting line-up, I’ll just be happy to be there and I’ll give my all to help the boys out and try and get another win to build on our momentum.”

Chamberlain spoke about last year’s game between the two which finished 3-3.

“The game last season was fantastic – I was at home watching it on TV. I think that epitomises the derby so it’s going to be exciting,” he said.

“I have heard the boys say it’s a hostile environment [at White Hart Lane] but it’s a new challenge for me. I am just going to keep taking it all in my stride and keep learning from everything I see.”

Arsenal will travel to the White Hart Lane on Sunday to face rivals Tottenham Hotspur. This will be yet another chance for Arsenal’s new transfers to shine given that many players will be out due to injuries. If Arsenal manages to win this would be the second consecutive win in the Premier League and the 4th if we take into account all leagues. What do you guys think Arsenal will do against Tottenham?