Wenger:”It’s not realistic to say that we will win the league”

Following Arsenal’s loss against Tottenham in the North London derby from today coach Arsene Wenger said at the press conference that Arsenal’s chances to win the title are not realistic at the moment. In the French manager’s opinion, the single thing The Gunners can do right now is to catch up to the teams fighting for the Champions League spot.

“Yes, because in the first half I felt we played a little but with the handbrake on. Even playing like that we had four chances. At half time we came out and had a go at them and got it back to 1-1. I felt again that we didn’t push on enough and let them get back into the game.”, said Wenger for Arsenal.com

“We lack a little bit of confidence at the moment, and we just need to protect a result when we have “one.

“I do not think like that, I think at the moment we have to set ourselves a realistic target and to get in touch with the teams who are fighting for the Champions League positions. If you say today we will win the league it is not realistic. “

“At the moment we are 12 points behind Manchester United and Manchester City – that’s not realistic to say today that we will win the league. We have to fight to come back into a much better position, that’s reality.”

Arsenal did indeed play a very poor match today. Song and Mertesacker didn’t feel each other at all on the field, and Ramsey despite scoring the goal managed to send almost every single pass waywardly. With that kind of play you can’t even expect a Champions League spot, needless to say you can’t fight for the title. What do you guys think about the game?

***Tottenham v Arsenal v Highlights***