Song says Arsenal MUST win the next five – Lets look at them shall we?

He may be stating the obvious but Alex Song has certainly noticed the potential for catching-up in that time. With five matches before the end of the month, October could prove to be a real turning point in Arsenal’s season.

Having only been beaten once at home this season – 2-0 to Liverpool – it is perhaps uplifting that three of the next five games are at the Emirates. Bolton in the Carling Cup is one of these matches, and after their 3-0 win last month, Arsenal will be looking forward to progressing to the next round. Sunderland, just one place below the Gunners, have found it tough on the road and come to Arsenal next Sunday having seen their away form change for the worse since their 1-1 draw at Anfield on the opening day of the season. Between these games is a visit from Stoke, whose 4-0 demolition by the Black Cats just over a fortnight ago proved that they can be weak away from the Britannia.

Unfortunately, the two away games for Arsenal are a Champions League trip to Marseille in the Velodrome fortress, which will undoubtedly prove to be a tricky test in an intimidating atmosphere. In the Gunners’ biggest challenge of the month, though, Stamford Bridge awaits in the final week of October. At home last season, Wenger’s side managed a terrific 3-0 victory and were unlucky to lose 2-0 away. What will have changed since then?

It will inevitably be tough to reach any further than last season’s fourth, but if we are to progress from where we are now, the revolution starts now.