Wenger could bring Bendtner back – “Never say never”

Arsene Wenger is preparing to face Sunderland, where Nicolas Bendtner is on a one year loan, and inevitably faced questions about whether the Danish striker (who seems to have found a bit of good form lately) would ever be welcomed back at Arsenal.

Wenger replied: “In football you never say never,”

“You want to do what is right for the player but firstly for Arsenal. At the moment he is out on loan, I wanted him to go somewhere and play. We are happy and he is, too, because he is doing well. That is the most important thing.”

Bendtner himself didn’t seem too keen on the idea of returning when he was confirmed as a Sunderland player. In fact he was quite adamant! He said: “I will never go back to Arsenal. If I can have it my way, I will never play for them again.After my car accident I never really got the chance to earn a spot in the first team. That is over one-and-a-half years with no real chance to prove myself”.

“I am really looking forward to playing for Sunderland and then we will see next summer. I will find a new club — but I will not go back to Arsenal, that’s for sure.”

Do you think he has told Wenger? Would any Arsenal fan want Bendtner back after saying that?