Rosicky – We messed up last year’s Champions League

Arsenal’s Champions League group stage game against French side Olympique Marseille got veteran midfielder Tomas Rosicky on his toes. The Czech offered a statement for Arsenal’s official website saying that The Gunners must win against Marseille in both legs if they want to avoid finishing in the second place of the group as they did last season.

Arsenal’s second place finish in the Champions League group stage lead to a two legged knockout match against Spanish giants Barcelona which ended in despair for Wenger once again.

“It must be our aim to win the group, especially after what happened to us last year when we were not top of the group,” said Rosicky. “In the last three games we messed up.”

“Marseille are a direct contender for us who would like to qualify from the group as well. “

“It’s a big game and we want to be successful there. It looks like it will be between us, Dortmund and Marseille so it will be a vital game for us.”

The Gunners are currently behind Marseille but Arsenal can turn this around if they will manage to win both games which will have to be play against the French side, the first one of which will be on Wednesday in France. Arsene Wenger will have no problems in rendering up a team with most of his players now fit to play.