Szczesny wants 3 points against Marseille

Arsenal’s first choice goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny offered a statement for the club’s official website speaking about the importance of the Champions League group stage match between The Gunners and Olympique Marseille. At his second year in the biggest European football competition the goalkeeper is thrilled about having the chance to play with Arsenal in the group stage and wants to fight to get through to the knockout stage.

“It is a great game for us and if we can get the three points it will give us a massive confidence boost to help us climb the table in the Premier League,” the Polish international said.

“It’s going to be very important – we realise how big the Champions League is.”

“We want to be in this competition and stay in it as long as we can – the Champions League matches are the best. You just love playing in this competition.”

Szczesny will play his 7th Champions League game on Wednesday night against French side Olympique Marseille. At only 21 years of age the Polish international is now a vital part of Arsene Wenger’s team, and the great performances he had lately keep him well grounded in the first team spot despite Fabiasnki’s wish to play.