Wenger – There’s no time to rest now!

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger is happy that his players are not fatigued, at least according to him, and that the biggest part of the injured players are now back at full-swing for the Champions League group stage derby against French side Olympique Marseille.

Arsene was quoted on the official website saying:

“I will put out the best team to win the match tomorrow,” he said.

“The margin between the players is very thin but I will not rest some players due to fatigue because they are not tired.”

When asked about the omission of young wonder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain from the team which travelled to France the manager replied:

“He’s not in the squad,” the Frenchman said. “He’ll play next week certainly in the Carling Cup.

“Maybe he will be involved Sunday but he is getting there – he is getting sharper and sharper. He will soon play.”

Wenger will have to bring his A game because Marseille will try its best to win the home game after they had a very poor season start according to their boss.

“Our bad start in the championship means we have our backs to the wall in every match, particularly at home,” said Marseille’s manager Deschamps.

Arsenal needs to get at least a draw from the away match against Marseille in order to get the upper hand for qualifying through to the knockout stage of the competition. Although a second place would be alright for Wenger’s team, after last season’s experience against Barcelona they must fight to avoid another incident of the sort.