Ramsey – It was a gamble!

Arsenal’s midfielder Aaron Ramsey was ecstatic after scoring a late goal against Marseille in the 1-0 win. Ramsey took a splendid shot past goalkeeper Mandanda in the 92nd minute of the game thus winning the match for The Gunners.

After the match the midfielder stated:

“I thought we defended really well today, it was nice to come on and get the winning goal,”

“Both teams defended well, but maybe we were a bit anxious in trying to break them down. In the last 10 or 15 minutes we applied some more pressure and finally broke through.”

“The cross came in and I sort of gambled it might come to the far post. I had a bit of time to think about it, but luckily for me it went in.”

“We’ve had two wins now. Hopefully now we can carry that on and keep that going,”

Wenger was also delighted after the win and declared on ITV1:

“For the qualification it’s a very important goal, for the confidence as well,”

“Marseille defended in a very disciplined way, but you could see in the last 15 minutes we started to create opportunities. We showed patience and discipline.”

“Everyone questioned how we would cope defensively tonight and I think we did well.”

“The spirit is good and slowly our game becomes stronger.”

Arsenal did indeed do well defensively compared to the last few games, but there are still a few tweaks to be made until the team will run properly. Fortunately last night the goal came even though it was a late one. It’s a shame Van Persie and Walcott didn’t capitalise on the chances they had, but it’s a good thing that Ramsey came to the resue.