Gervinho – We’re thinking of winning against Chelsea

Arsenal’s winger Gervinho has big plans for the Chelsea game according to The Mirror. The Ivorian wants to win against Chelsea and continue the winning streak Arsenal started, but not until they defeat Bolton Wanderers in the Carling Cup. The talented forward scored a goal and offered two assists in Arsenal’s 3-1 win against Stoke City in the last match, and he now seems ready to take on the next challenge.

“Before Marseille in the Champions League, we’d also beaten Sunderland and that did us good too and of course the victory in France also helped us. We try to take it game by game and each win does us good.”, said Gervinho

“It’s superb to have three consecutive wins now and we’re starting to let go on the pitch and enjoy ourselves, without pressure. We’re already thinking of the next game – and winning it.”

“You can have a bad day. That does not make you a bad team,” he said. “We’ve gone through a bad moment and a team is like a player. Any player can have a bad game. It often happens.”

“It was a good game and the most important thing was to win in order to gain even more confidence in the group,” he said.

“I’m happy we won and the team is starting to rediscover our self-belief, we need that. I am also happy with my performance.”

Gervinho will probably be rested for the Bolton Wanderers game where Wenger will try to rest as many key players as possible, and offer some playing time for the likes of Chamberlain, Ryo or Park. The Ivorian had a good start of the season at Arsenal, taking over the first team spot in spite of Arshavin and scoring two goals so far for The Gunners.